Another day done

So last night I took a wrong turn and ended up having to back track five hours to get to my end of day campsite. It became clear I wasn’t going to make it so I found a spot off the side of the road and set up my tent. 

As soon as I was able to lay down I started getting emotional and dark thoughts creeping in me. What was I doing. I will never make it. Will my girls understand. Does she even care. 

I looked up and a ladybug was walking on the roof on my tent, calm and peace overtook me. I started talking to him, talking to myself. How badly I needed that. 

Everything was better, I took a picture and flipped over and went to sleep. 

I woke up with renewed energy and enthusiasm. 

I made it to the camp site, rented a little cabin and will take a rest day tomorrow. My body needs it. I am so fucking sore. 

I expected this. I knew being 320lbs and out of shape I was going to hurt. But omg everything hurts lol 

I will rest tomorrow and eat as much as I can, how shower and at some point a swim in the river. 

Then back on the bike and I will continue. The days are long the sun is hot, I know I’m not making much ground in the large scope of things but I do know that each day I push I am one day closer to success and health. 

Love my girls. 

Comments

  1. Hang in there.

    I'm a 320 pound cyclist. Did a lot of cycling out of Moncton the 17 years I lived there. Now cycling - including some long trips - out of a town near Ottawa. I know you can do this, and I'll watch for you when you pass through this area on your way by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support and kind words man. I appreciate it

      Delete
  2. p.s. Biggest lesson I learned on my long trips is to take a day off if it hurts too much. Maybe even two. It gets fun again when there's time to plan between segments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the Ladybug was Dylan... Glad you had a conversation with him... He will be your guide through this journey... Kudos to you for taking on such a journey... The rewards you will gain from this experience will be unmeasurable... Look forward to reading along...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was 100% Dylan, I was struggling and there was no reason in the world why in a sealed tent with 100s of black flies trying to get in, a single solitary ladybug was directly within eyeshot of me.

      Right when I was in a dark place.

      Had to be him. Had to be.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts